Farm to School
Fun Children’s Garden Plan
Easy Veggie Garden with Teepee
This kid-friendly garden is filled with edible favorites, such as juicy strawberries, bright pumpkins, and luscious tomatoes along with pops of floral color from marigolds, morning glories and a giant sunflower to top it off.
Imagine sitting in your garden tepee and plucking a sun-warmed cherry tomato, then biting down so the sweet juice drips down your chin. Ahhh summer, and you’re a kid on vacation. Many joys and many lessons can be found in this jewel of a garden. Once this children’s garden is planted, it takes only a few hours a week to keep it looking its best.
Garden size: 6 x 6 feet
- 1 pkt. Pumpkin, ‘Jack-be-little’
- 1 pkt. Pumpkin, ‘Baby Boo’
- 1 pkt. Morning glory, ‘Heavenly Blue’
- 1 pkt. Sunflower, ‘Russian Mammoth’ or ‘California Greystripe’
- 1 pkt. Radish, ‘Easter Egg’
- 16 Strawberry, ‘Tristar’ or ‘Ozark Beauty’
- 1 Tomato, ‘Sungold’
- 16 Marigolds, Sophia mix